Wednesday, June 18, 2014

No- Sew Greek Letters!

Hello everyone!
Today I thought I would show you how I make no-sew greek letters. I have very little sewing skills, and the skills I do have are not very good. So I figured out a way to make some letters that requires NO SEWING SKILLS! 
Let's get started(: 

First, your materials:

1. Stencils of your organizations letters (I have a pair, but if you want to make some SUPER easy ones, just photocopy a pair you have, and glue them on some cardboard) 
2. Fabric of your choosing (It doesn't have to be a certain size, just enough that will make your letters)
3. Heat n Bond Ultra
4. Scissors
5. A pencil
6. An iron and ironing board
7. An article of clothing to put letters on
8. Puff paint (optional)

Instructions:
First, you will need to get the fabric and Heat n Bond molded together. To do this, cut the amount of Heat n Bond you will use, along with the appropriate amount of fabric. 
In order to fuse them together, place the fabric pattern side down onto the ironing board. Put the rough side of the Heat n Bond on top of the fabric. Set your iron to a medium heat, with NO steam. Let iron sit on Heat n Bond and fabric for about 8 seconds, making sure you get each section. 
After you have done this, you should have your fabric basically attached to a piece of parchment paper. 

Next, you will have to trace your organizations letters on the fabric
My organization is Alpha Phi! 

After you have traced, you will need to cut out your patterns!


Once your letters are cut, take your shirt and letters over to the ironing board. Place the letters how you want them on your shirt (sometimes I use a ruler if I want to make them SUPER straight)



 Once you have found a placement, take off the paper you traced on and place the letters back on the shirt. Again, on a medium high heat, with no steam, iron on your letters. Simply place the iron over them for about 8 seconds. 
TA-DA!

Now, you can keep them as is OR you can add a border. I use puff paint to add a border, plus it also helps the edges from fraying after you have washed them a few times. 




And you're done! I made some America letters since 4th of July is coming up!

To take care of your home made letter, wash inside out, it helps to protect the fabrics. 
Enjoy your new letters! 

Are you part of a greek organization? Do you make your own letters? let me know what you think in the comments below!

xoxo
Marissa 






No comments:

Post a Comment